Friday, October 12, 2018
4 hour film - edit
For this Challenge I was tasked with Editing found footage and to make a music video out of it. Using a simple beat I found off Youtube (all clips are sourced from there), I was able to edit together these Adventure Time clips to the diegetic sound. Rather than it being non-diegetic, it becomes diegetic because at the start Jake the Dog turns on a radio. I particularly like this and works effectively because it seems like it's playing over the top of the video therefore, it could be argued that it's both. Something I like as well is when there's rapping from the msuic. Luckily I was ablate find footage of Jake talking into a microphone just like a podcast/radio show.
The point of this exercise was to be able to edit on the beat. So either it cuts or an action occurs. I feel like I did this fairly well. It doesn't cut on all of the clips but when I does, I feel like it is used very well. For example, As I used a 'chill beat' and Adventure Time footage. The video and audio go well together.
I also included a Kuleshov shot. This features as the thumbnail for the video but it shows Jake reacting to what is happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Development in Editing Technology
"The very earliest filmmakers were afraid to edit film shots together because they assumed that splicing together different shots of d...
-
This year I was first introduced to the world of editing and in my spare time I would watch a lot of videos. While watching, I found myself ...
-
First we see a long shot. Slowly, the camera moves forward as Tyler is working on something mechanical. With the mise-en-scene nearly in t...
-
New Wave · Birth of the auteur and rise of camera style · Artistic movement – French influence as profound · S...
No comments:
Post a Comment