Thursday, January 31, 2019

Dancing in the Distraction Factory - Summary

"Entertaining proof that good sense means good theory. This book is the first to treat music TV as vision and sound. Academically, I had most fun applauding Andrew Goodwin's elegant skewering of postmodernists; as a rock fan I was constantly startled by Goodwin's experts of my most deeply held prejudices. I'm now convinced; there's much more to MTV than meets the eye"
Simon Frith - The John Logie Baird Centre

"Andrew Goodwin is associate professor of communication arts at the University of San Francisco. His criticism appears regularly in the East Bay Express, the San Francisco Bay Guardian and the Chicago Reader. He is co-editor, with Garry Whannel, of Understanding Television. He is a corresponding editor of the international communications journal Media, Culture and Society (MCS)"

References:

Goodwin, A. (1992) Dancing in the Distraction Factory (back cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Development in Editing Technology

"The very earliest filmmakers were afraid to edit film shots together because they assumed that splicing together different shots of d...