Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Film - Evaluation

Notes/Script:


  • Starts with a blank screen to show someones thought process.
  • Interesting take on a short film, topic that I'm talking about almost doesn't need visuals. to not have them is interesting to me.
  • lasts around 40 seconds
  • chill music, simple beat, catchy. Easy to keep in your mind. This is an internal thought process and monologue. 
  • Quiet vocals during music distorted to signify the demon on your shoulder/Id. 
  • Usage of high fashion, food, substances. Things that are addicting to either have or look at. Fantasy that can become a reality. 
  • Female shots (models and mannequins) have no identity, they're being fragmented - Mulvey.
  • Distorted imagery to show the memory. Nothing is always crystal clear, can only remember parts of it.
  • Video portrays memory as blurs when changing from onto another. 
  • nice ripple in the music which I matches but cutting between two shots with a ripple effect. 
  • End vocals are supportive just like an angel on your shoulder/Superego
  • focusses on an obsession of voyeurism or after achieving. Being addicted to substances 
  • very difficult on how I thought it might look like compared to what it actually ended up looking like. left it too late, didn't give myself enough time. After this for upcoming assignments I plan to work harder and earlier compared to this where I managed to do it in the last week... poorly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Development in Editing Technology

"The very earliest filmmakers were afraid to edit film shots together because they assumed that splicing together different shots of d...