Thursday, November 15, 2018
2 min New Wave Sequence Brief
New Wave Brief
For this on location shoot we shot in Coventry,
A technical aspect that we would like to use heavily is using a continuous POV shot. This is not conventional of most films that are showcased in American New Wave and does class as a shot type that is more commonly used in films that are New Wave.
In terms of the mise-en-scene: lighting, sound and editing these settings will be set to a more natural state. With similar aspects as 'found footage' we aim for immersion in a natural way.
Something that I find quite interesting in new wave films is that they're sometimes badly edited on purpose. For this I will aim to included a range of odd but intriguing editing styles along side the non-diegetic and diegetic sound. For the music that I will aim for is a simple and chill beat, something that would be not relied on but an aspect of the piece that would seem strange without. Maybe even an audience would be able to appreciate as even though not much is happening they will be able to link the music to the action on screen. In this case a slow/chill beat would fit nicely against the person walking and doing activities that doesn't require any excitement or stress.
I will also like to incorporate sped up footage as these are long takes, I would like to show a lot of them in a short time. However, another way which I might try out is to edit pieces out so even though the forge is playing at a normal speed, it is quick and snappy in terms of when it is cut. For example, a minute long video can be shortened by cutting out three seconds when five seconds pass. Creating mini jump-cuts.
I would like to include a rule of three, but I am not sure which I prefer. Maybe a phrase being said, the audience being able to see the camera or an action from other people on screen. (I will test them and see which one I like best)
Something that I think would be quite nice to add in is that in parts a phrase is said. Most of the time the non-diegetic sound will be playing but I think that the piece would be more unique if in the editing process I don't mute some of the clips, maybe do it on key phrases so that the audience knows there watching a film rather than being immersed.
418 words
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Development in Editing Technology
"The very earliest filmmakers were afraid to edit film shots together because they assumed that splicing together different shots of d...
-
This year I was first introduced to the world of editing and in my spare time I would watch a lot of videos. While watching, I found myself ...
-
First we see a long shot. Slowly, the camera moves forward as Tyler is working on something mechanical. With the mise-en-scene nearly in t...
-
New Wave · Birth of the auteur and rise of camera style · Artistic movement – French influence as profound · S...
No comments:
Post a Comment