Thursday, November 15, 2018

New Wave and Evaluation

Finished Video

Evaluation


After I finished editing the New Wave piece I was able to incorporate a few of the ideas that I planned to do before hand. The main idea of that I want to include POV (Point Of View) shots. As Jack filmed it, I was able to cut down very long shots into shorter ones. A 7 minute long take was included but by using mini jump cuts it fits to the length of the song. A editing technique that I thought of while editing that worked out quite well what to pace the clips very slightly apart so when playback it seems like he's blinking. This works even better as the camera is in first person. 
The non-diegetic sound that I chose fits with the editing pace, even though some parts are sped up. I also included two different 'rule of threes' as the camera/camera man was shown on reflective surfaces, this can take audiences out of their immersion but this is done on purpose. Another 'rule of threes' that I included was that the audio would cut out and the raw diegetic sound would play. 

The main point that I wanted to make while editing this piece was that a first person 'vlog' can still be shot in a new wave style of light. With natural lighting and casual conversations it is shot to be as normal as possible but as the diegetic sound plays phrases like "let's go shoot a new wave film" it creates a sense of. uniqueness as to my knowledge not many other new wave pieces do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Development in Editing Technology

"The very earliest filmmakers were afraid to edit film shots together because they assumed that splicing together different shots of d...