Friday, September 21, 2018
Lighting
A fairly simple Light set up. Position one light to the side of the subject about 90º while shooting from the front. Normally shown in film noir. Used in interrogation scenes.
A similar set up to a Split shot but more of a 45º angle where the light is positioned. This shot is famous for the triangle of light of the more shaded side of the face or subject. I found this particularly difficult as I had to find the right angle for the light to be aimed at my subject.
In order to achieve this shot the use of one light is needed as well. Aimed above the camera so that a shadow is produced under the nose.
Unfortunately, my footage is very slightly out of focus. Even though I checked on the small monitor on the camera, and it appeared to be correctly focussed but for some reason it came out just out. When available, I will use a pro monitor so that my image is larger therefore, making my subject more precise. Another way to check for next time is to zoom in and when that's in focus it will appear crystal clear which will help ensure to focus is what I want it to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Development in Editing Technology
"The very earliest filmmakers were afraid to edit film shots together because they assumed that splicing together different shots of d...
-
This year I was first introduced to the world of editing and in my spare time I would watch a lot of videos. While watching, I found myself ...
-
First we see a long shot. Slowly, the camera moves forward as Tyler is working on something mechanical. With the mise-en-scene nearly in t...
-
New Wave · Birth of the auteur and rise of camera style · Artistic movement – French influence as profound · S...
No comments:
Post a Comment