Monday, March 11, 2019
Concept Music Video and Evaluation
Using the natural audio (diegetic sound) to my advantage, I timed in post to when Morgan clicks play on his phone. I then muted any background noise so that the audience will only hear the song with no interference. Just like you would in professional music videos.
The concept I have for this video is that I wanted to make a really simple way to show off an artists song but rather than the band play on screen, they don't appear at all, and a fan walks around listening and singing along to the song. Using Andrew Goodwin research techniques, this combines: Location, Studio and Experimental. I feel as this video fits this description as it is clearly not on a set or in a building where you cannot tell where it is. It uses the most up to date and mastered version of the song, as apposed to a live recording and it is not a normal/mainstream way of viewing an artists work in an MP4 format.
The lack of extravagant scenery and time that went into the production made it very straight forward. The main objective for me was to capture the whole song on camera as Morgan sings along to the song. In post/the editing section of this concept video is to make sure the actual song is timed up well. I had difficulty with this as it didn't match up entirely correct so I had to work my way around this issue by adding slow motion in the most appropriate parts, such as an interlude.
In total, I believe theres less than 12 cuts to the whole video which is what I wanted, I want long cuts that doesn't interrupt the flow of the song. Luckily at the first cute managed to time the best to the cut, which resulted in Morgans walking pace and motions as well as his miming. I was very pleased with this and as it worked so well I will try and include the same technique for my final piece. To be able to time actions or cuts on the beat really works and looks good and I can back up this statement with the results of my questionnaire.
Foe the end of the video I was unsure how to resolve the issue. As the song had rebellious tones I thought it would fit if I discussed with Morgan how he should bump into me and run off after being rebellious himself. I think it goes well with the tone of he song. With a feel good, care-free vibe what Morgan fitted perfectly and as I was able to time the ending with the best of the song, the video cut as the last chord played out.
Overall I am very happy how it turned out, with a simple idea and with how not much time was spent of recording and editing I think it works well. However, if I was to do this again I would think more carefully and donate more time to the project in terms of recording and editing time. But as this was just to show off an idea I think it's enough so that people can see and understand what I was trying to achieve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Development in Editing Technology
"The very earliest filmmakers were afraid to edit film shots together because they assumed that splicing together different shots of d...
-
This year I was first introduced to the world of editing and in my spare time I would watch a lot of videos. While watching, I found myself ...
-
First we see a long shot. Slowly, the camera moves forward as Tyler is working on something mechanical. With the mise-en-scene nearly in t...
-
New Wave · Birth of the auteur and rise of camera style · Artistic movement – French influence as profound · S...
No comments:
Post a Comment