As the lyrics to my chosen song (Hollywood - The Money War) depict friendship as some of it's lyrics are: "I don't want you to fade, don't want you to fade away" I decide to contain my friends in as B-roll footage which I will compile into the main section. I got this inspiration from Stella Donnelley - Lunch, as this video contain similar imagery to what I first thought to add into my piece.



I also wanted to include a more high level of quality to my work so I thought carefully about shot types and what with be in the mise-en-scene. With the opening lyrics of smoking your last cigarette I wanted to mimic this as a close up shot of the newly empty packed is then left as the last cigarette is taken. The next shot consisting as a close up on the persons face lighting it. With a series of over the shoulder, long/establishing shots and I even may include a POV shot of the person smoking I will then incorporate the 'memory cycle' as the protagonist of the video thinks about their friends. This is what I would like to accomplish for the video. However, these ideas may change but the basis is still there.
I was intrigued by 80's family photos and the fashion. As well as the styles and camera quality, it appealed to me of what I would like my video to look like. Looking at the link in my references list, you will see that I have taken a few images and displayed them below of the example I am most fond of and wish to somehow include them.



References:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/maxx_metatera/vintage-look-for-music-video/
No comments:
Post a Comment