Hartshill Hayes Country Park
Oldbury Road CV10 0TE


I thought of this as it's high levels of fields and trees would be an excellent place to shoot a music video. Surrounded by nature and have the diegetic sounds of trees blowing in the wind and overall sense of escapism would be a great place that would fit to my song I have chosen.
A large play park near Whitestone
The black line is the route I plan to take in order to take some scenic shots whilst on my way. It would also be beneficial to take this route as it could provide me with a narrative for my music video as I would be able to document the journey from point A to point B.
I am most likely to go with this option simply due to there is more scenery around and different locations. In this case more open fields as well as a quiet path away from the road but still rural enough to be not in the middle of nowhere. I also like this option as it is makes it easy for it to appear in the video as a journey. In this case, from A to B. A will start off down the bottom of the map and B will end at the open fields in the top left of the image.
Tudor Grange Park





This would be a great place to shoot most of my B-roll footage. Taking inspiration from 'Lunch - Stella Donnelley' just simply walking around with my friends in a nice location like this would work really well with my chosen song. Depending on the weather, it'll be either be really nice if it's sunny or not as good if it's raining or cloudy but hopefully I can fix this by adding a filter in post to help it appear a more retro or vintage feel. My desired filter would to be able to add more grain and flaky; just like if it was shot on film.
Risk Assessment:
Luckily, for my locations that iv'e chosen, the risk doesn't seem to be that high. However, depending on the weather, the small amount of people I plan to appear in the video won't be too high maintenance unless it is raining or worse. In this case, a simple rain coat will suffice.
With the foresight of a camera dying, I will make sure my phone gimbal (Osmo Mobile 2) is fully charged. Other than this, I won't be needing another camera for strict filmimg but for my idea of there being a small film crew at the end to emphasis that it's fake and put together by the media to the song called 'Hollywood' would fit well.
For my second option I have planned a route. I will attempt to do the same for my other options so that in a wooded area, there is no tripping hazard.
As well as this, while filming, to avoid issues with consent from passers by, I will avoid shoot with a crowd in the background. If I end up shooting with people in the background to avoid any issues, I will make sure the focus of the camera is shallow and they be far enough away so that you won't be able to see their faces enough to see who it is.
Plan:
When first thinking about how I wanted my video to look I first thought of my top option to shoot at, Hartshill Hayes. With the song, I pictured it to be in the sun to give a youthful and free feeling which I thought would contrast nicely with the lyrics about being trapped in Hollywood.
However, thinking about it a little more, I feel as though the sunshine wouldn't matter as much now due to the idea that I should add more B-roll footage in place of that as I feel the same one location may get a bit repetitive. This idea fixes this problem.
I am most likely to go with this option simply due to there is more scenery around and different locations. In this case more open fields as well as a quiet path away from the road but still rural enough to be not in the middle of nowhere. I also like this option as it is makes it easy for it to appear in the video as a journey. In this case, from A to B. A will start off down the bottom of the map and B will end at the open fields in the top left of the image.
Tudor Grange Park





This would be a great place to shoot most of my B-roll footage. Taking inspiration from 'Lunch - Stella Donnelley' just simply walking around with my friends in a nice location like this would work really well with my chosen song. Depending on the weather, it'll be either be really nice if it's sunny or not as good if it's raining or cloudy but hopefully I can fix this by adding a filter in post to help it appear a more retro or vintage feel. My desired filter would to be able to add more grain and flaky; just like if it was shot on film.
Risk Assessment:
Luckily, for my locations that iv'e chosen, the risk doesn't seem to be that high. However, depending on the weather, the small amount of people I plan to appear in the video won't be too high maintenance unless it is raining or worse. In this case, a simple rain coat will suffice.
With the foresight of a camera dying, I will make sure my phone gimbal (Osmo Mobile 2) is fully charged. Other than this, I won't be needing another camera for strict filmimg but for my idea of there being a small film crew at the end to emphasis that it's fake and put together by the media to the song called 'Hollywood' would fit well.
For my second option I have planned a route. I will attempt to do the same for my other options so that in a wooded area, there is no tripping hazard.
As well as this, while filming, to avoid issues with consent from passers by, I will avoid shoot with a crowd in the background. If I end up shooting with people in the background to avoid any issues, I will make sure the focus of the camera is shallow and they be far enough away so that you won't be able to see their faces enough to see who it is.
Plan:
When first thinking about how I wanted my video to look I first thought of my top option to shoot at, Hartshill Hayes. With the song, I pictured it to be in the sun to give a youthful and free feeling which I thought would contrast nicely with the lyrics about being trapped in Hollywood.
However, thinking about it a little more, I feel as though the sunshine wouldn't matter as much now due to the idea that I should add more B-roll footage in place of that as I feel the same one location may get a bit repetitive. This idea fixes this problem.



No comments:
Post a Comment